As an artist, coming up with a new design can be challenging. This artist’s block is quite normal, for creating a work of art is often a long process that should not be forced. Thinking is an essential part of this solution.
Here is a list of things you may want to think about:
- What inspires you?
- What do you want to achieve?
- Is there a theme? If so, what is it?
- Are there any visual stylistic requirements?
- Are there any physical limitations (size,color,media) imposed?
- How can the concept be communicated in visual terms?
- Which images or pictures could represent this theme?
After considering the questions above, begin to sketch, sketch, sketch!!! Be prepared for trial-and-error. Sketching your ideas will help you see immediately the visual potential for your work of art.
Be mindful of: the audience, selecting artwork’s content, selecting its form and function.